WHAT RULE DO YOU LIVE BY?
In our very tech savvy world, we have a profound obsession with attaining the latest gadgets, phones, tablets, cameras and TVs. Every month, we're enticed with the newly released "must haves" and stand in line for hours, leading into days to be one of the first to upgrade.
These are items we like to update often, right? Ask yourself this question. How often do you upgrade yourself? How often do you update your hairstyle, your wardrobe, your make-up, your habits, your lifestyle? Lets not neglect our mental upgrades, your knowledge, your spirituality, your personal growth as an individual. We've all fallen victim to the routine of doing the same and being the same week after week, month after month and even year after year.
If you can look back at your pictures over the past three years and your hair style is exactly the same, its time for an upgrade.
If you look in your closet and all your clothes look the same in color and style, its time for an upgrade.
If you have been wearing the same shade of lipstick because it goes with everything, it's time for an upgrade.
If you are look at your library and there hasn't been a new addition in a while, it's time for an upgrade.
If you order the same thing every time you go to your favorite restaurant, it's time for an upgrade.
Here are a few tips to help you upgrade yourself.
1. Take up a new hobby or activity. It's important to create new experiences in your life. Do something that you've always wanted, why not, right!
2. If you haven't worn a piece of clothing in your closet in over 24 months, donate it to a local charity. Your old wardrobe can be a new beginning for someone else.
3. Expand your knowledge. Learn how to do something that will develop your mind and expand your wisdom.
4. Next time you go to your hairstylist, tell her/him to do something different with your hair. Give yourself a new look.
5. Consult a life coach. If you need a little push in the right direction, a little guidance from the right person can make a big difference.
If you take action with upgrading just one thing about yourself, it will make you feel great and start you on a path of upgrading other areas of life. Change is often difficult, but it can also be exhilarating to see yourself transform into a better you.
With Love and Gratitude,